The War In Ukraine – A Tragedy
Around 5am Kyiv time on Feb 24, 2022 Russian missiles attacked Ukrainian cities. Putin started an unprecedented war against peaceful Ukraine and brought war to Europe.
Everyone working at Ireland Website Design has been horrified to see the scenes from Ukraine. We want to write a post so Ukrainians can be assured that we are also providing help and support and that we stand strong with our european neighbours in this time of need.
What Has Ireland Website Design Done To Help?
- We have made two humanitarian donations to two charities for €550 (Irish Red Cross & C.U.R.E).
- We used company time to post messages on Google maps business profiles in Russia targeting Moscow and border towns appealing to Russians to stand against Putin and to stop the war.
- We donated our company time to develop a promotional campaign with our client Ganly’s of Athlone to raise money for Irish Red Cross. You can see this here (please help us hit the goal of €50,000) https://www.idonate.ie/fundraiser/11430514_ganly-s-red-cross-ukrainian-appeal.html
- We worked with Ganlys to promote an instore event for the 5th of March to donate all profits on the day to Ukraine.
- We offered a web agency in Ukraine free temporary office space if any staff wished to relocate to Ireland and work from here.
- We changed our website logo to include the Ukrainian flag
Please Take A Look At The Video We Created For Ganlys
How Can You Help?
- Donations to the Irish Red Cross and specifically Ganly’s campaign https://www.idonate.ie/fundraiser/11430514_ganly-s-red-cross-ukrainian-appeal.html
- Join demonstrations where you live
- Reach out to friends/family/business associates in Russia to let them know what is really happening
- Demand stronger sanctions on Russia (ban SWIFT completely)
- See more ways you can help here: https://linktr.ee/RazomForUkraine
- Consider welcoming a refugee to your home