Google AdWords Grants for Irish Nonprofits: A Guide to Google Grants Ireland
- Category: Blog
Here's our guide to the Google Grant Program - tailored to meet Irish non-profits' needs. Essentially, the program is Google AdWords' program for non-profit organisations to advertise their cause for free.
So What Is Google Ad Grants For Non Profits?
Basically, Google AdWords are providing free advertising to Irish non-profit organisations who qualify. Depending on their assessment of your needs, you can benefit from up to €8,500 (paid as $10,000) per month in AdWords credit (yes, it's $ not € but hey, who are we to complain - it's FREE!) This can be used against your online advertising to help promote your vision and cause via Google search.
How do I apply For Google Ad Grants? Am I eligible?
There's a simple form to fill in and a quick application process. To keep the Google funding towards your AdWords account, you must follow their requirements as a non-profit.
Here's a quick list to see if your organisation is eligible:
- You must hold a current and valid charity status (CHY number for Irish charities)
- You need to acknowledge and agree to Google Grant’s required certifications regarding how to receive and use donations obtained from the grant
- Have a website that is fully functioning and provides required details on your non-profit
The following are not eligible for Google Grants:
- Government entities and organizations
- Hospitals and medical groups
- Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions and universities
*Philanthropic arms of educational organizations ARE eligible. Google does have a similar program for educational institutions too but you can contact us regarding either and we can discuss with you.
Maintaining Eligibility for Your Google AdWords Grant
As we previously mentioned, there are a few things you have to do to keep the grant once you receive it. Here a few points to keep an eye on:
- All your ads must link to the URL that they approved in your original application
- You must be proactive - log in to the account at least once a month (if you don't they will freeze your account)
- Your ads must focus on your cause. You can advertise products but all proceeds must go to your cause
- You cannot point to pages that just send visitors to other websites
- You can't sell financial products
- You can't ask for donations of vehicles or property
- Keywords can't reflect any of the above banned items either
- Your website can't have adverts from Google AdSense or other advertising links
If you do any of these, Google will remove you from the Grant scheme.
Google Grant Program Details
You'll be in charge of organising your own account, Google will not create adverts for you or monitor your account on your behalf. Here's a few basics for you:
- Set your daily budget at $329 to maintain the $10,000 per month limit
- You can't have any keywords with a max CPC over $2
- If you don't use your credit, you lose it!